Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"Balanced" Diet

I wanted to start this blog off by sharing a story from this weekend. I am not sure what the deal is but lately I have been so clutzy! I don't really consider myself a clutz, but I am starting to think that such quick weight loss is causing me to be a little off balance. For example, we were at Pt. Isabel with Oskar and his friend Dexter, and our friends Nicole & Devin. Anyway . . . I through the ball out for Oskar and he got distracted, so I had to go fetch it myself in the this field of tall grass. The field has obviously had tons of dogs digging in it and probably lots of mud over the years. So there were these pit holes that I had walk carefully through. Anyway, as I was going to pick this ball up I heard a weird doggy noise behind me. I turned around to see what it was and all of sudden I was flat on my face. I thought for sure I had broken my nose, but in my head I kept thinking, "what just happened?" My face hurt and I was just laying all by myself in this field. I had stepped in a hole and completely lost my balance and fell forward right on my face. My arms didn't break the fall at all, and I must have looked quite precious to those around me. I couldn't help but laugh at myself later. I just fell, with no warning. So clutzy. Also, I trip all the time now, so I have really had to watch where I am going. LOL.

Outside of falling and tripping I am starting to feel so much better. I ended the antibiotics yesterday and I already feel like I am back to my old self. I think that I will try a walk/run with Oskar today and get out of the house. I find myself enjoying exercise more and more as I lose weight. Not only is getting easier, but I don't feel like I look so silly doing it. My endurance is really getting a lot better too. We did some hiking on last Sunday, and there were some hard parts for me, but overall I felt really good while I was doing it. Seeing the progress is so cool!

Jenni and I took some new pictures last night. I can really notice the difference in my face. I am definitely going to need new pants in couple of weeks too. I have one pair of jeans that are still fitting from my "skinny days." Yesterday I wore a shirt that I haven't fit in for almost 5 years. It was a good feeling. A really good feeling.

Weight: 223.2

No comments:

Post a Comment