Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Night Time Hunger

Well, I am on day 3 of no sugar, no bread, no pasta, no rice, no potatoes. Sounds like no carbs, but I am eating fruit and vegetables and corn. Last night was a successful night, but I was so hungry as I was falling asleep. I had stayed up chatting in bed with Jenni for about an hour and by the time it was time to sleep, I was soooooo hungry. But, I forced myself to let it go and try to fall asleep. Also, I have had some headaches from the sugar withdrawals, but Jenni brought me this really cool ice pack thing for my eyes and it was AMAZING! I am feeling really good about how things are going the past few days.

I have started using a program that I have used before for food tracking purposes. Its really neat and it helps me be realistic about what is going in my mouth. For example, we met with one of our friends for happy hour and I did so good. I was really proud of myself. I had these yummy shrimp deviled eggs and Ahi Tuna Ceviche and little bit of hummus (no pita though). I tried a couple of these chicken wings, I am sure they were fried, but they didn't look breaded and they tasted pretty light. It was the perfect amount of food for a small dinner full of protein and fat. However, it was really hard to record in my food diary, but as I was eating I was thinking about what I was actually putting in my mouth. And I left feeling good about the choice I made.

Jenni is so supportive. She and I went to the store and got some sugar free fudgesicles. They help with my chocolate cravings and my ice cream cravings and they are only 40 calories!! Yummy! We made some popcorn on our at home popper too and it was a really yummy movie snack.

Overall I feel like I am starting to feel some relief on this third day and I am hoping by the end of the week, my body will be more adjusted to no sugar. Emotionally I am feeling really good and today I am having some yummy vegetable soup and cherry tomotoes. Pretty good, but so different then a Reuben and a Rice Crispy Bar. :)

Weight Today: 270.2

No comments:

Post a Comment